8.04.2008

Cultivating the Expectation of Leadership Pt. I

Last entry, I spoke of the concept of Be, Do, Have...

Be a Leader in yourself, and in your life.

Do the things a Leader would do. Don't second-guess, don't over-analyze. Just Do It.

Have the things a Leader would have. If you cultivate leadership qualities within yourself, believe you are a leader, you will act upon that sense of leadership within yourself...and it will manifest in your life.

The life you have tomorrow is what you Believe and Do today.

Today was kind of rough, actually. For some reason I woke up and was just in the totally wrong mindset and, for reasons I don't fully understand yet, I was keeping myself there. "I just can't get out of this funk!" I kept saying. I knew that was inaccurate --because only I am able to create my reality-- and I knew subconsciously I was keeping myself there. But instead of stepping out of it and into a reality of my own choosing, the spiral went downward.

Many things went wrong today, and my sparkle was gone. Thankfully, I was aware of what was happening and was able to at least slow the momentum. Foremost on my mind was what sort of example I was setting. It was troubling for a number of reasons, but the main reason was because I knew the message I was sending out was a negative one. I missed an opportunity to let my friends know it is entirely possible to overcome any negativity and remake the day in their own image:

An image of possibility, enthusiasm, ability, and confidence.

And, quite honestly, an image of inner peace. It takes peace in your heart and spirit to conquer your own self.

The magic of leadership is that it's not something that just happens to you by accident. You aren't simply given the keys to the kingdom. However it comes to you, there is the act of taking them for yourself. It's a personal, purposeful choice. And after that, everything in your life is deliberate, as well. Your thoughts and emotions are on purpose and wielded with masterful precision as your confidence in your own abilities grow. Your actions throughout your day are on purpose, driven by the goals you have set for yourself. Your successes are no longer a fluke, but a serious and conscientious manifestation of your previous --deliberate-- thoughts and visualizations.

People around you begin to notice the change within you. You no longer behave as they do. You don't look at the world the same way they do. Your actions are different from what they used to be, different from theirs. Even your language is different, and as you begin to understand the greater, more subtle ways in which the living universe works (and begin to master them) your vision grows sharper than theirs. Everything about you begins to naturally resonate at a higher frequency than the rest of the herd you are now beginning to leave behind.

Some will fall behind, never to be seen again. Some will watch you with distrust and skepticism. Let them go. Yet others will sense this new resonance, and like tuning forks they will begin to feel something within them buzz and sing when you are near.

Close your eyes and picture in your mind someone who struck deep chords within you, someone who lifted you up, encouraged you, and made it easy to believe in yourself. That's what it feels like when you pick up the leadership resonance in another.

They will feel this when they are near you.

In this state, it is easier for people to retain information more thoroughly because they are operating at a higher frequency than normal. Things you say, ways you act, your patterns of thought will imprint upon them. This is just how it works. They will remember it when they think of you. They might even begin to quote you, or ask themselves what you would do in their situation. They will begin to emulate you.

It just happens.

Somewhere inside them, deep in their subconscious, people are unhappy with their current state. Whether it be they feel empty inside, their relationships never work out, their careers are unfulfilling, their self-esteem is plummeting...whatever it is, subconsciously they know this even if they are unwilling to face it consciously. Most want things to change. I mean, who wouldn't want to be happier if given the choice, right? They're hostile, cynical, waste their energy on bringing others down into failure with them. They do whatever they feel they have to in order to "fill the void." They waste away in dejection and depression. However it manifests in their lives, all of it lies within the realm of self-loathing.

Being around a true leader causes them to like themselves, to see what the possibilities for themselves truly can be. They believe, however briefly as they bask in a leader's resonance, that anything's possible. And a leader believes in them because a leader is able to see the potential of everyone around them. Why?

Because they are mastering the art of believing in themselves, and bringing those beliefs into fruition in their own lives. That's all a master does: they Live Life, and they lead by example.

That's all it takes.

Knowing this, it greatly troubled me that I was unable to master myself enough to rise above my grumpy mood. Already, I'm a leader, and the impression I was leaving was one of harsh tones, frowns, and (most importantly) a lack of my usual sunshine they've come to look forward to. I missed the chance to lift them up, missed an opportunity to lift them up so high they went out and spread their own sunshine to others.

It takes more than to simply be a leader in your own mind. You must take the next step and be a leader to others, and live by example. "But I don't want to be an example!" you might say. I've heard many celebrities and sports stars say this very thing.

Too Bad.

You are a leader. You have achieved greatness within yourself. By their very nature, leaders are examples to others.

Take comfort: you are not alone in this. The universe stands behind you, because as a leader you are now resonating on a frequency that more closely matches that of the Abundant and Infinite Universe. You will know when the time is right to lead others, when it is right for you to take the keys to the kingdom for yourself.

Listen to your subconscious and intuition. They are your closest friends and most trusted advisors. When you are in touch with them, they will never lead you wrong.

Be a leader.

No comments: